Thursday, January 17, 2008

Of me and my passwords...

This technology era (you can say web 2.0) comes with lots of advantages. We have YouTube, Facebook, flikr,Gmail, yahoo and blogs just name it...we have all ways of sharing, storing and getting information and makes networking easy.
But for me this comes with one huge problem- so many accounts and therefore so many passwords as well.
That may not a problem and don't be tempted to think am a lazy being.

A techie friend advised me to use different passwords to avoid being predictable by the spammers and hackers of this century...

Can you imagine there are people who derive satisfaction in spoiling what others spend hours building? Beats my understanding but that’s for another day.

Today I just wanted to tell you about my password dilemma

One day and I actually mean most days my head just goes kaput and I can't remember which password is for which account.
So I have to send YouTube the I forgot my password email and the same for yahoo, Gmail, flikr, Face Book teh list is endless. May be I have subscribed to anything I can possibly subscribe to under this sun as long as it guarantees easier access to information and networking.

But it is for a good reason.

How else would I get to see that short George Bush jibe if it was not for YouTube.
How would you expect me to survive 10 hours behind a computer with no joke...
I need a life and YouTube is part of my life now....

Hey I was talking about clicking on the I forgot my password tab....

Why because we want to avoid being so predictable by the hackers we end up using different passwords and at the end of the day we can remember which password is for which account. Then we can't read no mail, see no videos on YouTube, or post friends pictures on Facebook

What do I do then? Don't give me a solution coz I got it

Hit the I forgot password tab. But I dread it

No comments: